UK Forecast Forum January 2020
Life during the next phase of Brexit
08:30 Coffee & registration.
Roger Bootle, Chairman
09:00 The shape of the UK’s future trade relationships.
Paul Dales, Chief UK Economist
· What relationship does the UK want and what will the EU agree to?
· Can the UK please both the EU and the US?
· What will it all mean for the economy?
09:15 Will the coming fiscal stimulus deliver much bang for its buck?
Andrew Wishart, UK Economist
· What size and kind of stimulus will the new fiscal rules allow?
· What can we learn from the US fiscal stimulus?
· Will it boost activity and inflation?
09:30 Will the next move in interest rates be up or down?
Ruth Gregory, Senior UK Economist
· How will the Bank juggle Brexit and looser fiscal policy?
· Will it fear a resurgence in inflation?
· What will it learn from the Fed’s recent experience?
09:45 What does the new political landscape mean for UK assets?
Jonas Goltermann, Senior Markets Economist
· How will sterling fare during the next phase of Brexit?
· What will Brexit negotiations and a fiscal stimulus mean for gilts?
· Will UK equities now catch up with the rest of the world?
10:00 Questions & discussion.
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10:30 Close & Coffee.