Africa Economics Weekly
The Week Ahead
This weekly publication contains our key views on current trends and recent developments in Africa, and provides forecasts and detailed analysis of the events and data releases in the week ahead.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Rapidly identify current market trends and their implications.
Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- 22 May, 2020 in SA’s slump, SOE problems, naira still struggling
- 15 May, 2020 in Nigeria’s budget proposal, SA economy reawakening
- 7 May, 2020 in Survey blues in South Africa, Nigeria’s budget woes
- 1 May, 2020 in Debt relief, Nigeria’s exchange rates
- 24 April, 2020 in Lockdown to ease in SA, fallout from oil price collapse
- 17 April, 2020 in Debt moratoriums, South Africa’s policy response
- 9 April, 2020 in Coronavirus round-up, defaults nearing
- 3 April, 2020 in Tumbling rand, coronavirus containment, default risks
- 27 March, 2020 in Can containment work in Africa? IMF takes the stage
- 20 March, 2020 in Worsening outbreak, growth downgrades, rate cuts
- 13 March, 2020 in Oil prices batter Angola, SARB prepares to fight back
- 6 March, 2020 in Coronavirus adds to headwinds facing African economies