We are looking for someone to join our team in London as an Assistant Economist to work on our Europe and Global Economics services. The role is suitable for somebody who has recently completed a degree in economics. Relevant experience would be an advantage but is not essential. The focus of the role will be on data management and analysis.
Key tasks will include:
- Support with data analysis. Maintaining and improving existing economics databases, looking for new data sources to incorporate into our research.
- Preparing charts for use in written publications and presentations by senior staff.
- Keeping abreast of the latest economic and political developments in the euro-zone economy.
- Maintaining our global economics database and checking forecasts with our economists.
- Helping Capital Economics’ clients to use our data platform.
To develop your skills, you will receive training and guidance from your colleagues and attend in-house classes run by our award-winning economists.
The ideal candidate would have:
- An undergraduate degree in economics or a related subject.
- Some experience applying economics in a work environment, either during an internship or in a permanent role.
- Proven quantitative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to manipulate and find data from a variety of sources including international and national statistical databases.
Note that this role is focused on data and numerical analysis and not writing. There is however scope for the role to evolve over time
Capital Economics is committed to equality, inclusion and diversity. We want to explore the widest pool of talent for this position and we particularly welcome applications from women and those from an ethnic minority background.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Faith Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the Europe and Global Economics position. Direct applications only please (no agencies).