We are looking for someone to join our team in London to work on our Emerging Markets Overview service. The focus of the role would be:
- Providing support with data analysis. Maintaining and improving existing databases, and looking for new data sources to incorporate into our research.
- Producing regular pieces of written analysis on emerging markets.
- Keeping abreast of the latest economic and political developments in emerging markets.
- Bringing together our views and forecasts for individual emerging market economies and helping to condense these into a pan-EM view.
- As you develop, you would be expected to present these views to clients. You would also be encouraged to build your own profile, including through media appearances.
To develop your skills, you will receive training and guidance from your colleagues and attend in-house classes run by our award-winning economists.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A strong academic background with a good undergraduate degree in economics.
- At least two years’ experience applying economics in a consultancy, the corporate or financial sector, the civil service or think-tanks.
- Knowledge of – or work experience relating to – emerging markets would be an advantage but is not essential.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with great attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and familiarity with Outlook.
- Above all, strong writing skills. Most of our output is written, so the ability to structure a written argument in English and express it clearly and concisely is a must. The hiring process includes a writing assessment.
Capital Economics is committed to equality, inclusion and diversity. We want to explore the widest pool of talent for this position and we particularly welcome applications from women and those from an ethnic minority background.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Faith Elliott (email@example.com) indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the Emerging Markets economist position. Direct applications only please (no agencies).