The business has undertaken a substantial level of change in recent years as it moves from a traditional b2b sales operation to a data-driven digital marketing & sales strategy. This move is well underway having completed the implementation of Salesforce.com as its CRM tool, recruitment of key personnel to drive digital marketing and restructuring of areas of the sales team.
We are recruiting for an experienced individual to join the team in the newly created role of Email & Marketing Automation Manager. This role sits within the Marketing team and is a key hire as the role holder will be responsible for driving both strategy and implementation across the email channel for both new client acquisition and existing client retention & up-sell – as well as being the business’ expert in marketing automation, tasked with leveraging maximum return from our recently implemented Salesforce Marketing Cloud tool.
- Develop and execute overall email marketing strategy for Capital Economics products and services by audience and segment
- Deliver Budget targets of marketing qualified leads to pass to Sales team for new business acquisition and cross-sell/up-sell to existing clients
- Own email campaign plan, scheduling evergreen and tactical/event driven activity to deliver to business targets and leverage market opportunities
- Own Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ensuring appropriate configuration to deliver email channel and broader business needs and exploit its full potential for both email and building cross- channel customer journeys across email, website, landing pages and other marketing channels
- Establish KPI’s and track channel performance to ensure delivery to expected business outcomes and inform future strategy
- Design effective CRM programs across the customer lifecycle: acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention
- Deliver email to highly targeted audience segments covering onboarding/engagement nudges and cross-sell / up-sell opportunities
- Create and manage the journeys within Salesforce Marketing
- Work with data analyst to ensure high-quality customer segmentation capability
- Continually test and learn to optimize communication tactics and use data to inform campaigns
- Work closely with the sales leadership and their teams to refine our campaign strategy and tactics
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience including demonstrable b2b client-side CRM experience
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud including; Email Studio, Journey Builder, Content Builder, Automation Studio, Contact Builder, Web studio, Analytics Builder, and Data Extensions.
- Email builds and deployments with working knowledge of AMPscript, HTML and CSS
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication, people and stakeholder management skills, including with senior Sales leaders
- Data-minded and results-focused with experience in measuring impact
- Hugely customer-focused with a passion for great customer journeys and for quality of execution
- As happy rolling up your sleeves implementing the strategy as developing it
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification
- SQL skills for building segments and automations
- Experience with Mobile Studio, Advertising Studio, and Social Studio
- Experience of working as part of a cross-functional team across geographies
- Experience of subscription business models
- Google Analytics, Trello or similar
- Knowledge of financial services sector
Please send a CV and covering letter to Faith Elliott (email@example.com) indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the CRM/Email & Marketing Automation Manager position. Direct applications only please (no agencies).